We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
This is great as a party nibble or a full meal. The crunchy crust is what I really like! You can play with the veggie toppings and cheeses for a great meal that is fast and delicious! Our favourite quick meal!
756 people made this
- 6 wholemeal pittas
- 170g sun-dried tomato pesto
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 180g bag spinach, chopped
- 4 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 75g crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch ground black pepper to taste
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:12min ›Ready in:17min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Spread tomato pesto onto one side of each pitta, and place them pesto side up on a baking tray. Top with tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, feta and Parmesan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with pepper.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven or until pitta is crisp. Cut into quarters and serve.
Parmesan cheese is not truly vegetarian, as it contains animal rennet. To make this dish 100% vegetarian, omit the cheese or find a suitable vegetarian substitute made without animal rennet. In supermarkets look for the 'parmesan style hard cheeses' which are suitable for vegetarians.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(988)
Reviews in English (672)
I make these with Ham, cheese n spinach with the tomato puree base but I grill mine for 10 minutes and you get a much crispier pizza! Also don't add mushrooms or plum tomatoes because they hold too much liquid which makes for a soggy pitta yuk!!!-14 Sep 2016
absolutely delicious first time!-15 May 2016
been making this for ages dare I say got it from the American website make exactly as it says fantastic has a full meal-10 Aug 2014