We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Super-simple chicken curry traybake
with fluffy rice
with fluffy rice
Cooks In1 hour 45 minutes
DifficultyNot too tricky
Nutrition per serving
Calories 553 28%
Fat 14.4g 21%
Saturates 5.6g 28%
Sugars 26.2g 29%
Salt 0.3g 5%
Protein 31.8g 64%
Carbs 80.3g 31%
Fibre 8.2g -
Of an adult's reference intake
- 1 x 1 kg butternut pumpkin
- 2 onions
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- 8 skinless boneless free-range chicken thighs
- 300 g brown basmati rice
- 1 x 400 g tin of light coconut milk
- 1 lime
- 1 fresh green chilli
- CURRY PASTE
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 5cm piece of ginger
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tesapoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- vegetable oil
- ½ a bunch of fresh coriander
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4.
- To make the curry paste, peel the garlic and ginger and add to a blender with the spices and 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Pick the coriander leaves and set aside, then add the stalks to the blender.
- Blitz to make a smooth paste, adding a splash of water to loosen slightly, if necessary, then tip into an extra large roasting tray.
- Halve the squash, scoop out and discard the seeds and roughly chop the flesh. Peel and cut the onions into wedges and halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Tip the veg into the roasting tray with the chicken thighs, season with sea salt and black pepper, then toss to coat.
- Cook in the hot oven for 1½ hours, or until golden and cooked through, stirring a couple of times during cooking.
- With around 25 minutes to go, cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove the tray from the oven and place on the hob over a medium heat. Pour in the coconut milk, stir well and simmer for 2 to 4 minutes to heat through.
- Scatter over the remaining coriander leaves and finely slice and scatter over the chilli, then serve with the rice and wedges of lime for squeezing over.
Serve with a quick carrot salad: scrunch finely sliced red onion with a pinch of sea salt and a squeeze of lime juice. Peel and shave 2 carrots and ½ a cucumber into long ribbons,